Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sigulda and Colors of Fall

Go to Google, and search for pictures of Sigulda in autumn. Then you'll understand what this necklace is about :)

Every one of us has a favorite place for each season. My favorite Autumn place is Sigulda - a little hilly town in my home country, Latvia.

I made this necklace for several purposes. First, I wanted to have an entry for the monthly challenge at EBW. Conveniently, it was "Autumn falling of leaves". At the same time, I was making it for Artbeads blogging challenge: "Colors of fall".

And here is some real-life inspiration from my porch:


Yeah, laves sort of mask the necklace, but I like this shot anyway. They match well - necklace and leaves. ;)


99% of all beads in this necklace were suppied / bought from Artbeads.com. As a seed beader, I could not make a fall necklace without incorporating the "Russian leaves" into it ;). Gorgeous Toho hybrids (Gold/Pink and Apollo) and Miyuki Delicas were exactly what I needed. You will find those here.

There also are copper pendant and links,

as well as some gorgous Swarovski Crystal Copper.

That's all about my latest, folks! :)


Disclamer: most of the materials used for this necklace were kindly supplied by Artbeads.com free of charge, in frames of Artbeads blogging program.

20 comments:

WindyRiver said...

Lovely work!

Eveline said...

Wow, it´s soooooooooooooooooooooooo
beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love it!
Greetings
Eveline

Denise said...

This is beautiful!! Great use of inspiration and I love how it flows! It's big, but not big!
cheers, Denise

Levira_Art said...

Amaaaaaaaaazing!!!
Without words!!

Kat_G said...

Beautiful beadwork!!
Excellent design!!

Emerald Window said...

Oh My! This is STUNNING! You are such an outstanding artist. You have my EBW vote.
Cenya

Perlenzauberin said...

Wonderful work! Du hast den Herbst perfekt eingefangen!

Pastiche said...

Another gorgeous piece, the colours are wonderful

Foxan said...

THANK YOU for every single comment!

LUCY said...

Madre mía, que prenda más hermosa.....y que tonos super otoñales, me encanta .....precioso....felicidades

Annie said...

It's just wonderful!
Bravo!!!!
annie

Brigitte said...

Wonderfully, the chain is wonderful

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL! I love the photo of the necklace on the pile of leaves.

Lyna said...

Очень красиво! Прекрасная работа!

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

This is gorgeous!

Eva Maria Keiser said...

Olga, the color transitions, shapes and stones are wonderful...

kittyd said...

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Pastiche said...

Beautiful work and congratulations on winning the EBW challenge, What a star.

Foxan said...

Many thanks!
My first EBW challenge win, feels great :)

Nally said...

Поздравляю с первым местом! Очень красивая работа!