Sunday, July 18, 2010

Black Lotus


Before we got kids, my hubby was playing quite a bit of Magic - The Gathering online (he's actually really good in that stuff). It is sort of a computer game you play with other gamers (darn, almost wrote "nerds" - sorry, guys - no offence!), it involved magic and cards with different abilities.
One of such cards is the Black Lotus - an old and very powerful card. I have not seen the original version of it online, but it has been re-printed into newer sets of Magic cards.
Anyhow, there is a bautiful flower of a black lotus on it.

And I have decided to make one for myself.


It is soutache emboirdery (again). This time, the focal is a gorgeous labradorite, shining in all shades of blue, yellow, purple and pink.

I think it is a keeper ;)

10 comments:

retrothreads said...

I am in awe of this spectacular piece. I wouldn't let it out of my sight if I were you !

Foxan said...

Many thanks! I think it will stay here. It's labradorite after all! ;)

Monica said...

è bellissimo!!!
Complimenti fai delle cose veramente stupende!!!!!!!!!!

Emerald Window said...

I think thi is one of the most beautiful necklaces I have ever seen. Really! It is STUNNING!
I bought your tutorial, but haven't had time to sit down and do any projects yet. I think you will put us all to shame.
Cenya

Foxan said...

Thank you, Monica & Cenya. Very kind of you.

Unknown said...

Beautiful doesn't come close to describing this. It's gorgeous and so unique.

Marina Levy said...

Just amazing!

Foxan said...

Marina, Christine - thanks so much!

Unknown said...

so, SO GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love this piece!!! stunning!

Peikkonen said...

This is amazing!