Sunday, July 11, 2010

Soutache - again!


I am supposed to give a workshop on soutache embroidery on PUSS beading convention in Stockholm in October. Yesterday, I woke up with a nightmare - dreaming that I have arrived there but have forgotten all the kits and my tutorial was not ready. What a NIGHTMARE indeed ;)

It was a good kick to finish one of old projects in that technique. Voilá - meet my new soutache pendant, Helen.
The cab is Russian Sunstone, with a very nice sparkle in it. All the soutache colors I've used can be found in it.

Soon in my Etsy store - I have not added any new items for ages...

12 comments:

Monica said...

Fantastico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Che meraviglia questa tecnica e i colori che hai usato sono stupendi!!!!!!!

Foxan said...

Grazie, Monica! :)

AuntieAnnie said...

Very nice. The soutache is a great technique.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Beautiful!!
I want to work with Soutache so badly. I have not been able to find the beautiful colors you have used in your work.

Foxan said...

Thank you, Carol. I buy min from France. Need a link? I'll try to find it, gotta be somewhere in my papers...

Foxan said...

Many Thanks, Annie :)

AnKa said...

It´s beatiful!
I haven´t seen this technique before. Can you tell more about it? Some likns perhaps?
Sadly I will not be able to visit PUSS and lern it there.

Emerald Window said...

This is Fabulous! I have never heard of Soutache embroidery. Will have to see if anyone teaches it here in the US. Do you ever do tutorials?
Cenya

WindyRiver said...

Wonderful! Such a lovely technique - I am going to look it up as I am not familiar with it. Great job!

Foxan said...

Thanks again!
Cenya & Anka, I'm working on a tutorial as we speak ;)
However, just to get familiar with the technique, here is a great link:
http://www.mylovelybeads.com/php/class/previewClass.php?num=1&key=soutache
Enjoy!

Jewelry Los Angeles said...

Nice post!!! It is the first time i have seen such a beautiful Handcrafted Beaded Jewelry. Its absolutely stunning and beautiful.

Eric said...

I love hand beaded jewelry and have a friend that designs pieces similar to this, very nice!

Loose Diamonds and Fine Jewelry